PLEASE READ OUR RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES FOR BIHYSA REFEREES BY CLICKING HERE.
COVID -19 form for adults (18 years or older) – HERE
COVID-19 form for youth refs (under 18) – HERE
Upcoming Referee TRAINING
US SOCCER HAS ADOPTED A NEW GRASSROOTS REFEREE TRAINING PROGRAM WHICH WILL AFFECT ALL REFEREE CLASSES AND RE-CERTIFICATIONS
New Grassroots Entry Level Class
Working on confirming a weekend in early August 2021
*** All referee are required to do the online course material through US Soccer Digital Learning Center (DLC).
All referees must register online for this course.
To register for the class:
- Go to https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee/
- Sign up in the top right corner (or sign in if you have an account already)
- Go to Courses in the top left corner.
- Go to In-Person Courses and click on the registration next to the Big Island Course.
- Follow the instructions
USSF 2021 Re-certification Process
All referees who were certified for 2020 are automatically certified for 2021. If you were not certified for 2020 and want to become certified for 2021, please follow the instructions below.
- Establish an account at the US Soccer Digital Learning Center
- If you are 18 or older, you must pass a background check (cost is $30 and is good for 2 years) AND take the SafeSport training through US Soccer.
- All referees must take the online Grassroots training and pass the online test.
- Lastly, everyone must pay the $45 fee to re-certify for 2020
For complete instruction on how to complete these steps please click “How to recertify 2020 – USSF” .
All Big Island HYSA Referees should familiarize themselves with FIFA Laws of the Game, USSF Laws of the Game, HYSA Team Manual and Big Island HYSA Rules and Regulations. A link to each of these is listed below.