PLEASE READ OUR RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES FOR BIHYSA REFEREES BY CLICKING HERE.
COVID -19 form for adults (18 years or older) – HERE
COVID-19 form for youth refs (under 18) – HERE
Upcoming Referee TRAINING
US SOCCER HAS ADOPTED A NEW GRASSROOTS REFEREE TRAINING PROGRAM WHICH WILL AFFECT ALL REFEREE CLASSES AND RE-CERTIFICATIONS
New Grassroots Entry Level Class
coming February 2022
*** All referee are required to do the online course material through US Soccer Digital Learning Center (DLC).
All referees must register online for this course.
To register for the class:
- Go to https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee/
- Sign up in the top right corner (or sign in if you have an account already)
- Go to Courses in the top left corner.
- Go to In-Person Courses and click on the registration next to the Big Island Course.
- Follow the instructions
USSF Re-certification Process
All referees who were certified prior to August 1st and need to re-certify for the next year, please follow the instructions below.
- Establish an account at the US Soccer Digital Learning Center
- If you are 18 or older, you must pass a background check (cost is $30 and is good for 2 years) AND take the SafeSport training through US Soccer.
- All referees must take the online Grassroots training and pass the online test.
- Lastly, everyone must pay the $45 fee to re-certify for 2020
For complete instruction on how to complete these steps please click “How to recertify- USSF” .
All Big Island HYSA Referees should familiarize themselves with FIFA Laws of the Game, USSF Laws of the Game, HYSA Team Manual and Big Island HYSA Rules and Regulations. A link to each of these is listed below.