August 1st – Team Reservations due
August 3rd – Brackets will be finalized
August 8th – Preliminary schedule will be released
August 15th – Final schedule will be uploaded to Affinity
August 18th – Schedule will be uploaded to Arbiter for referee assigning
August 25th – First game for 8U-19U
October 20th – Roster Freeze – Saturday at midnight
October 21st – final Sunday for 16U & 19U games
November 3rd – final regular season Saturday for 8U to 14U
November 10th/11th – Playoffs – location TBD
General guidelines for the season:
Our league has even number divisions for all age groups (ie. 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 19U). Each division is coed up to 16U with teams placed based on developmental ability, At 16U and 19U the divisions are separated based on gender.
NEW for Fall 2018 Season:
- We will be utilizing a promotion/relegation system for creating the division brackets for the coming season. The purpose is to ensure that our top A flight has a sufficient number of teams to create diversity of opponents and promote the development of our best teams. Here is how it will work:
- The results of the previous season will be used to create place-holders for the upcoming season for the top 8 teams in each division.
- The top 6 teams will be used to create an A flight.
- The next 6-9 teams will be used to create a B flight. If there are more than 9 teams then there will be both a B and C flight with the higher ranked teams in the B flight.
- All clubs/teams entering a team in a specific division must utilize the place-holder (unless more than half the roster is composed of players new to BIHYSA – then the team can petition the executive board).
- All teams who are new to BIHYSA enter at the bottom of the flights and must earn their movement up through the flights.
- Teams will be moved up to the next ranking spot if a team does not return to the league the following season. So the ranking order is important to be maintained throughout each division.
Here are the place-holders for next season
Your player’s age group is determined by his/her BIRTH YEAR. The determine what division your players are in, please take the later year of the season and subtract the birth year. For example: For the 2018-19 year, you take the 19 and subtract the birth year. BIHYSA only has even number divisions. So if the number is odd your child will play at the next even number higher than number calculated. For instance, a player born in 2008 will play in 12U because 19-8 (from 2008) is 11 and therefore 12U.
All division and flights will be scored to enable the placement of teams for playoffs in each division. Teams will be awarded 3 points for a win and 1 point for a tie. Forfeits will be scored as a 4-0 win for the non-forfeiting team. Tiebreakers are determined by first head to head competition then goals for (max of 4/game) and then goals against.
- At the end of the season, there will be a 4 game playoff between the top 4 teams in the A flight (2 semis, championship and 3rd place games).
- There will also be a 4 game promotion/relegation between the bottom 2 A flight teams and the top 2 B flight teams (2 semis, promotion and 3rd place games).
- A similar set of promotion/relegation games will be used if there is a C flight.
- These 8 games will order the top 8 teams in the league and create place-holders for the subsequent season.
- Regular season standings will be used to create ranking of teams not involved in the top 8 games.